The Makeup Superstar…
The CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media with specialist makeup units, is the premiere qualification to enter the exciting world of stage, film, TV, high-fashion and photographic makeup. This course will provide you with the skills to work as a free-lance Makeup Artist and/or become a makeup influencer on social media.
This course is highly suited to someone who’s naturally creative, edgy and wanting to pursue a serious career as a specialist Makeup Artist – the possibilities are endless.
- Learn to create stunning bridal, photography and special occasion makeup designs
- Learn to design captivating looks for high-fashion and runway shows
- Learn how to transform an actor into a period-character and/or stunning movie star
- Learn special effects and prosthetic techniques to work on movie or stage sets
- Train with prestigious makeup brands such as Mac and Kryolan
- Establish your portfolio of makeup looks to help promote your CV and/or your gallery on social media
- Participate in work experience opportunities such as local theatre productions, professional photo shoots, short films and charity events
- Gain access to the exclusive ACSM Graduate Community to support you in your new career with mentorship, discount vouchers/cards (including Mac Pro discount card), free tutorials and prizes.
20th January 2020
To view full Schedule
of Fees, click here
20th Jan 2020
There are a number of course payment options available. Click here to view your options.
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CUAPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAMUP401||Design, apply and remove make-up|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply photographic make-up|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|CUAMUP403||Style hair for performances or productions|
|CUAMUP502||Design and apply specialised make-up|
|CUAMUP503||Design and apply special make-up effects|
|CUAMUP504||Create prosthetics for special make-up effects|
|CUAMUP402||Maintain make-up and hair continuity|
|BSBDES402||Interpret and respond to a design brief|
|BSBMKG527||Plan social media engagement|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBCRT402||Collaborate in a creative process|
|CUAIND502||Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
Completion of Year 10
- Successful completion of a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) test, OR
- Successful completion of Australian Qualification Framework Certificate IV or higher, OR
- Australian Year 12 Certificate/Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
$15,000 – Domestic students only – VET Student Loans approved course. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements. A VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid. Please click here for further information.
$18,000 – International students only
- For information on ACSM’s withdrawal and refund policy, please click here.
- To view full Schedule of Fees, please click here.
INCLUDED IN COURSE FEES
- Professional make-up brushes
- Professional make-up cape
- Professional make-up kit
ADDITIONAL FEES NOT INCLUDED
- Textbook – $49.95
- Uniform – $90 (approx.)
- Camera – students must supply their own for use in class
- A3 Portfolio – students must supply their own for use in class
- One year
- Two days/week (9am-5pm) on-campus and recommended 7 hours online study per week (minimum)
- January and July intakes
- Online theory with practical training completed on campus (Perth)